Overview of Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board is a state-level body that works for the protection of environmental laws. It is a legally formed government-controlled organization. It was established on 3rd February 1975 under the Water Prevention and Control of Pollution Act. Later its name got changed to Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board. It is generally referred to as UPPCB. It manages and helps in the implementation of many other laws related to the environment. Such laws are the Air Prevention and Control of Pollution Act, 1981, Water Pollution and Control of Pollution Act, 1977, and Environment Protection Act, 1986.
UPPCB’s main purpose is to protect the environment from pollution and make the environment clean. UPPCB is specially made to control the pollution of Uttar Pradesh. Such steps are the most needed actions taken by the government. We live on this planet and its safety is our duty. UPPCB’s work is not easy hence it is operated through twenty-five regional offices and one head office that is situated in the city of Lucknow. National Green Tribunal is the body that handles the cases against the various industries and factories if anything against the rules and regulations of the UPPCB is found.
What are the main functions of the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board?
UPPCB has many functions few of them are discussed below-
- It provides a license, which limits the emission of pollution and checks the activities of the various existing businesses of Uttar Pradesh.
- It provides a No Objection Certificate to the various businesses in the market which show that the business is not causing harm to the environment and also by this business nature has no hazards in the near future as well. This is how UPOPCB keeps eye on the activities of the various factories and industries.
- It also regulates the implementation of various laws made by parliament regarding environmental pollution control in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Its main function is to check the various businesses in the market and make it clean and pollution-free.
- It manages air and water pollution by controlling the emission of pollution from the factories and industries.
- To monitor and check the activities of various factories and industries, it carries out inspections and raids in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- It provides guidelines to the industries and factories about pollution control and monitors them.
- It keeps checking the level of pollution in the state of Uttar Pradesh from time to time.
- It collects data related to various industries and factories through various sources and supplies the same to industrial sittings and town planning boards so that they can set industries and factories far from the residential area.
- It set up various research centers through which it tests air and water toxins and their harm to the environment.
What is the purpose of the UPPCB?
The main purpose of the UPPCB is to keep a check on the emission of pollution in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It manages and reduces the emission of pollution from different types of industries and factories. It has made certain rules and regulations which all the factories and industries need to follow. If any factory or industry violates the rules and regulations made by the UPPCB, then they have to face the consequences which will be mostly decided by the National Green Tribunal. It not only keeps check on the various activities of the industries and factories but also monitors and guides them in controlling the emission of pollution in the environment. It collects the data and gives the same to the town planning board so that they can take care of the citizens while setting up any factory or industry.
Who needs the UPPCB consent certificate?
Following is the list of the industries that mandatorily require a UPPCB Consent Certificate to run their businesses without any difficulty-
- Business owners who want to do a trade of any goods and services in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Industries that are doing the manufacturing work regarding anything which have the possibility of pollution.
- Entities whose work is about the management of solid waste.
- Every health care management needs a UPPCB Consent Certificate. Under this hospital, clinics, genetic laboratories, genetic clinics, etc will come.
- E-waste management entities will fall under the category that must have taken UPPCB Consent Certificate.
- Battery waste and plastic waste management industries are also emitters of a great amount of pollution; hence they also need the consent certificate of the UPPCB.
- Bio-medical waste management businesses strictly need this certificate from UPPCB.
Types of industries as per UPPCB-
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board has categorized the industries into four parts which will be discussed below. This categorization is based on the pollution potential of the industries. They are of four types that are white category, red category, green category, and orange category. Given below is the detail of the above-mentioned categories of the industries-
- White Category-
- Green Category-
- Orange Category-
- Red Category-
This concept of the White Category was introduced by the government in the year 2016. It basically segregated the least polluting industries out of the various industries. Such kinds of industries do not require any consent certificate from UPPCB as they are non-polluting in nature. But it does not mean that they will not follow the UPPCB rules and regulations. Such industries' pollution index is 0-20 only. The white category is considered the least polluted industry. It causes the least harm to the environment or we can say that it cannot cause much harm to the environment.
Green Category industries have more pollution index in comparison with White Category industries. Its pollution index is 21-40. While establishing and working in such industries needs a consent certificate from UPPCB, as they are polluting in nature. If such industries are found working without the consent certificate then, they have to face consequences.
Their pollution index is even higher than the Green Category of industries which is 41-59. They cannot work without the consent certificate of the UPPCB. Before establishing and operating the industry one have to take consent from the UPPCB. They are the second most pollution emission industries. UPPCB keeps extra care of them.
This category of industries is the Red Category has the most polluting industries. Such kinds of industries are not allowed to work in environmentally dedicated areas. Industries that are noxious and hazardous in nature will come under this category of the industries. Red Category industries are not allowed to work in the Uttar Pradesh jurisdiction as per the UPPCB’s rules and regulations. Their pollution index is above 60 and they are very harmful to the environment.
General Documents required for the consent of UPPCB-
As discussed above industries are divided into four categories as per Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board. For every category, there are certain specific documents that are required while taking the UPPCB consent certificate. But here we are discussing the general documents which are mandatory for all the categories. The list of all the general documents is given below-
- PAN Card and Aadhaar Card with the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- Applicant has to take a CA certificate
- The latest electricity bill of the applicant.
- Location or Site Plan of the business entity.
- Documents of the land which are indicating the details of the property such as rent deed, lease deed, etc.
- If you have a partnership firm then a partnership deed and if you have a company then, MOA and Article of Association which is also called AOA.
- Resolution of the board of directors of the association.
- Proprietorship certificate of the owner.
- Water connection certificate is also required.
- MCD License only in the case of restaurants.
- Consent from the State Pollution Control Board for the purchaser to do the import.
- In the case of clinics and hospitals Bio-Medical Waste Agreement and Delhi Medical Council Certificate are mandatory.
- FSSAI Certificate in case of food business
- GST Registration Certificate.
Procedure to get UPPCB Consent Certificate-
The procedure to get a UPPCB Consent Certificate is not at all easy to understand. It is a little bit complicated and not at all a piece of cake. But here with the help of the points given below, we will try to make it easy for you-
- All the industries that want a UPPCB Consent Certificate first have to verify their business activities very carefully even a small mistake can prove fatal.
- If the site is situated in the re-development region then an SDM letter or industry assessment letter is mandatorily required.
- After the above two steps now the applicant has to submit the documents online to the government portal of UPPCB, very carefully.
- Now if you come under White Category industries then you have to generate the UPPCB undertaking, although such industries are the least pollution emitting industries they have to follow this step.
- If you are an industry that comes under the Orange or Green Category then you have to generate a UPPCB CTE application which is particularly for such industries only.
- After the completion of the above two steps, you need to submit the hard copy of the CTE application or UPPCB undertaking with the signature to the concerned authorities.
- After all the above steps, lastly the industry needs to check whether it requires a pollution control device or not, if the answer is positive then it needs to equip the same. UPPCB lab will monitor the same pollution control device and check the activities of the industries and factories.
- Finally the CTO application will be generated and also needs to submit to the UPPCB along with the signature of the concerned authorities.
- Once all the verification and formalities are done you will get the certificate.
Benefits of Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board Consent Certificate
UPPCB, its name itself suggests that it is basically for the control of pollution and making the environment clean and safe for the biotic organism. Its benefits have been discussed below with the help of the following points-
- Propagation of Sustainable Development
- Provides Safeguard to the Natural Resources
- Spread Awareness about Controlling Pollution Emission
- How to do Waste Management?
- Promotion of Low Energy
Sustainable development means growth without harm to the environment. UPPCB also promotes the same principle. It promotes financial growth along with ecological and social growth which is the most needed thing in the present situation when the environment is suffering because of human activities.
UPPCB promotes a clean and safe environment and controls pollution. Due to this our natural resources got protection from harmful pollution and they got safety from depletion. That is how UPPCB protects natural resources from depletion and saves them for future generations.
UPPCB not only saves the environment but also aware consumers of what to use, what not to use, and how to use the things so that they will not cause pollution. It basically promotes the use of paper bags, CFL, public transport, not burning firecrackers, etc.
Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board promotes recycling and reusing things. Both of them will help in waste management. Waste management is necessary because it spreads pollution and makes the environment unsafe and harmful to living creatures.
UPPCB promotes the use of low-energy types of equipment so that less harm will be caused and the environment will be safe. Instances of low energy sources are solar energy, CFL, CNG, etc.
Why you should choose Bizadvisors?
BizAdvisors is one of the platforms that work together to meet all of your legal and financial needs while also connecting you with dependable specialists whom you can trust without any doubt. Yes, our clients are happy with the legal services we provide because we try to satisfy them fully. They have continually regarded us well and provided regular updates because of our focus on minimizing legal requirements. Our clients can also keep track of the progress on our platform at any moment regarding the service they want to take. Our knowledgeable professionals are here to answer any queries you may have concerning the Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board Consent Certificate. BizAdvisors will make sure that your interactions with professionals are pleasant and smooth. Following are the reasons one should choose Bizadvisors over anybody else-
- BizAdvisors is one of the many platforms which coordinate to fulfill all your legal requirements with the help of experts who have years of experience in their work.
- It connects you with a team of expert professionals who can help you in every possible way.
- Its focus is on simplifying the legal requirements for the client.
- If you have any questions regarding the UPPCB Consent Certificate we are just one phone call away.
- We have a very dedicated team that is ready to help you and guide you.
- Our mission is to create a hustle-free and easy-to-use system for the concerned consumers of our services.
- We give you reliability and trust.
- We make sure that we will provide you with the best services and can satisfy you with our quality work.
- We try to give hundred percent satisfactions to our customer and solve their queries regarding the service they want.
- Our customer satisfaction is our first priority.
In the present time when we are forwarding towards modernization and becoming habitual of the technology, we are putting the environment backward. In such a time it is very essential to have an organization like Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board. It controls water and air pollution. It controls the various activities of the industries and factories so that it can put a limit on the pollution emission of such industries. It not only controls pollution but also provides guidance about controlling pollution emissions. It has divided industries into four parts as per the pollution they cause to the environment and their formalities to get NOC from UPPCB are different as per their pollution emission. They provide data to the town planning board so that they cannot set any industry or factory near the residential area. The main objective of the UPPCB is to control industrial and environmental pollution and provide safeguards to living organisms. It is a recommendable step taken by the Uttar Pradesh government to control the emission of pollution from the various industries and factories. This is something which is really needed in the present time.
FAQs regarding Uttar Pradesh Pollution Control Board-
UPPCB is an autonomous organization, which works in Uttar Pradesh. It looks after the industries and their work and makes sure they are not causing pollution to the environment more than they are prescribed. We can say that it is a pollution control body in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
UPPCB Consent Certificate has been given to the different types of industries so that they cannot cause more harm than they are prescribed. Through this certificate, UPPCB keeps eye on the various activities of the industries. If any industry causes more harm than it is allowed UPPCB will take action against it.
- Verification of business activities
- SDM or industry assessment letter
- Upload the documents online
- Generation of either UPPCB undertaking or CTE application
- Submit the hard copy of the UPPCB undertaking or CTE application
- Pollution Control Device
- Generation of CTO application
- After valid verification, the UPPCB Consent Certificate will be granted.
- Green Category Industry
- Red Category Industry
- Orange Category Industry
- White Category Industry