Maintaining compliance with the necessary regulations is vital if you want to make sure that your business is successful. In India, obtaining a Trade License is a requirement for almost every firm that is doing things related to trade. It is necessary for every organization that is prepared to operate within the bounds of the law and seeks long-term tax benefits. For a functioning organization, the lack of a Trade License could lead to a variety of issues. If your license has expired and you need to renew it immediately, head over to the relevant Municipal Corporation’s online page. The site provides customers with access to a wide range of services, including Trade License Renewal. In this article, we will go through how to do Trade License Renewal.
What is Trade License?
A Trade License is a paper or certificate that authorizes the applicant (the individual looking to start a business) to start a specific trade or business in a specific place. It made sure that all safety regulations set forth by the State Municipal Corporation were followed when conducting business or engaging in commerce. It guards against any health risks affecting the locals. The license, however, only permits the holder to engage in the trade or company for which it was issued. Additionally, the license holder does not acquire any type of property ownership as a result of this agreement.
Why to do Trade License Renewal?
Trade License is not a onetime license. Hence Trade License Renewal is necessary. In case you didn’t do the Trade License Renewal, you have to face the penalties. This renewal process is there so that government can keep eyes on the activities of the traders. Every time one wants to do Trade License Renewal he or she has to do the formalities like documentation and all again and this is how government will know about the updates in your documentation. Even single mistakes while getting renewal can be proof fatal to you. Hence always do the process carefully with the help of the experts.
Step-by-Step Procedure of Trade License Renewal
Follow the steps given below to get the Trade License Renewal-
- Use your web browser to access the official MCD portal.
- Choose the zone where your business is located from the options on the home page.
- You will be directed to the new window as soon as you choose the appropriate option.
- Next, choose “Online services” from the right panel of the freshly opened window.
- There are many selections on the next page. Simply select “Application for renewal of license” under the “Trade and Navigation license” option.
- You’ll now be taken to a different page where you must input your license number.
- The portal will display the status of your trade license after you enter the license number.
- You can locate a clickable link with the title “Click here for license renewal” on the same page.
- You will be taken to a new page via the portal, where you must scroll to the bottom to upload the required papers.
- After uploading the needed documents, clicks submit.
- The portal will take you to a different page where you may find information on licenses and payments.
- To proceed, select the “Pay Online” tab.
- You will now be directed to the portal’s payment gateway.
- After fulfilling the payment criteria, download the receipt.
- Unfair business practices are not permitted under the trade license since they are illegal according to the applicable legislation.
The authority will follow the same routine of investigation after receiving the renewal application as they do when issuing a new license. The authority may inspect the establishment directly while processing the application, all under the watchful eye of an inspector. Usually, the goal is to ascertain whether or not everything is in conformity. The inspector may submit a request for cancellation to the authorities after discovering the error. On the other hand, if the inspection results are favourable, the authority will quickly provide a brand-new license.
Qualifications for the Renewal Applications
The following criteria must be met in order to apply for a Trade License Renewal-
- The candidate must be older than 18 years old.
- The candidate shouldn’t have any prior convictions.
- The company should be legitimate under the law.
Various Types of Trade License Renewal
- Small, medium and large-scale manufacturing facilities require a License Renewal.
- Shop License Renewal: Dangerous and offensive trades like the sale of firewood, the production of crackers and candles, the operation of barbershops and Laundromats, etc.
- Restaurants, hotels, food carts, canteens, stores selling meat and vegetables, bakeries, etc. require a Licence Renewal.
Undoubtedly one of the easiest ways for Trade License Renewal is to submit an online application. Dealing with documents can occasionally be a daunting chore. There have been cases where people were caught up in the document arrangement trap and found it difficult to finish the Trade License Renewal process. If you’re experiencing a similar situation, we advise you to contact a Bizadvisors they can help you to come out of the problem which you are facing currently.
Read our article:How to Get Trade License in Delhi: Step by Step Procedure