If you want to start a society in Delhi to promote literature, fine arts, science, and the sharing of beneficial information, particularly political education, or charity, you’ll need to go for Society Registration in Delhi. By simply following the rules of the Delhi Societies Registration Act, 1860, you may set your new society on a solid legal platform. Throughout this article, you will gain a thorough understanding of the Act and its essential aspects, allowing you to get successful Society Registration.
Give your society a name that does not offend the law.
Before society registration in Delhi, a name shall be given to the society. It’s difficult to name your society since you’ll have to address a few legal issues. The Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950, for example, should not be invoked in the name of your group. There are a number of names stated in this Act that you should avoid using, including national heroes’ names. Also, avoid names that indicate immorality or indecency, as well as names that are similar to those of another registered group.
Members of the Society shall be eligible
Individuals, partnership businesses, registered societies, limited liability corporations, and foreigners are all entitled to subscribe to a society’s Memorandum. In the presence of a designated officer, members’ signatures should be attached. Ensure that all of the society’s members sign the memorandum in the presence of an Oath Commissioner, a Gazette Officer, a Notary Public with an Rs. 3 stamp, a Chartered Accountant, an Advocate, or a Class I Magistrate with the official seal.
Important Compliances of the Society Registration in Delhi-
- If you want to manage a place of worship, have proof of competence on hand-
If the society you’re forming wants to administer an existing house of worship or even refers to it in that way, you’ll need to produce verifiable proof that you’re legally capable of doing so.
- Ensure that all members have a valid photo ID-
For society registration in Delhi, Every member of the hoped-for soon-to-be-registered society should have an Identity Proof with them at all times. It might be a voter registration card, ration card, or any other kind of identification.
- Three office bearers’ signatures are required-
Every page of the Memorandum of Association and the copy of the rules and regulations shall be signed by three office-bearers.
- There is an Rs. 50 registration fees-
- You must pay a registration fee of Rs. 50 for society registration in Delhi, when the requirements are completed and the Registrar has accepted your application.
Documents require for Society Registration in Delhi
The following are the documents:
- A letter to the appropriate official requesting that your society be registered under the Delhi Society Registration Act, 1860.
- Two copies of the Memorandum of Association, which should include the name and purpose of the society, as well as the names, addresses, and occupations of all members of the governing body in charge of the business. You must also file a copy of your society’s rules and regulations, which must be validated as correct by at least three members. Just in case, make two copies.
- No objection certification on Rs. 2 stamp paper, together with proof of ownership of the society’s registered office, such as a leased/general power of attorney and an electricity bill/ration card. An allotment letter suffices in the case of a government quarter.
What is the procedure for forming a society in Delhi?
It is not necessary to be a Delhi citizen to contribute to the development of society. A person seeking to integrate into society might be an Indian citizen or a foreigner. Their various state governments keep track of the society’s registration.Before the society may be registered, existing members must agree on the name. The society’s rules and regulations are then prepared, followed by a Memorandum.
The Society’s Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) (Memorandum of Association)
The Memorandum of Society must be signed by every member of the society and attested by a gazette officer, a notary republic, a Chartered accountant (CA), an Oath Commissioner, an Advocate, a Magistrate first-class, or a Chartered accountant (CA) with their official stamping and complete address. In addition, the Memorandum of Society must include all members’ personal information.
The following papers must be submitted to register an entity as a society:
• A duplicate copy of the Society’s MOA or Memorandum of Society is required in addition to the certified copy.
• A copy of the society’s rules and regulations signed by all founding members, as well as a duplicate copy of the society’s rules and regulations.
Advantages of society registration in Delhi
There are multiple advantages of society registration in Delhi;
- Purchase a certain property without having to deal with any legal issues. While vesting the property in its own name, the Registered Society faces less compliance.
- In the event of a dispute, file a lawsuit against the defaulters. The registered Society in Delhi has the legal power to enforce legal proceedings in court.
- By society registration in Delhi, you will get a tax break on your income. The Act allows for the filing of income tax returns by Delhi’s Societies.
- Carry fewer obligations.
- Transfer the old property to a new organization without having to deal with arduous paperwork or rigorous regulations.
- Defend the incorporated body’s assets from an adversary aiming to take possession of them.
- Bypasses the requirements that make it difficult to create a bank account in the company’s name.
- Obtain cash from a variety of sources.
Society registration in Delhi is easy and comprehensive. Society is a constitutional entity that is propelled by the efforts of volunteers who are only interested in growth. Registering with the law can allow Society in Delhi, to operate at full capacity while also reaping financial and legal benefits. Apart from legal benefits it also has other benefits as well discussed above. The Societies Registration Laws of 1860 allow societies to enjoy unrestricted freedom from the governing bodies and the income tax act. Word with an expert for society registration in Delhi. And you can also reach an expert at bizadvisor.io for the same.
Read our article:A Complete Guide on Society Registration in India