Acquiring a Liquor License in Delhi cannot be understood without realizing the want for Alcohol. Due to the low labor costs and high-profit margins of alcohol and beer, it may boost the restaurant’s profit margin. Selling alcohol carries with it various obligations for the seller. Alcohol is always in high demand in a state like Delhi. However, it also contributes significantly to the government of Delhi’s revenue stream. The Delhi cabinet announced a new excise policy for a new liquor license in Delhi for a shop on March 29, 2021, with the intention of changing the sale and consumption of alcohol. State and local liquor regulations differ from one another. The entire process for obtaining a Liquor License in Delhi is described in this article.
Documents Required for Liquor License in Delhi
- A picture of the applicant. Proof of the applicant’s identity, address, and shop’s legal possession, such as a lease or rental agreement, are all required.
- The shop’s floor plan;
- The state fire departments and the municipal corporation’s NOC.
- An application, along with personal and company information, must be included by the applicant.
- The most recent copy of the Income Tax Clearance Certificate and ITR Filing.
- An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal history is required.
- A number of affidavits made in the applicant’s name.
Procedure for Obtaining Liquor License in Delhi
- The Deputy Commissioner of Excise, Delhi, must receive the required documents for a liquor license in Delhi from the applicant.
- A document proving ownership, a lease, or proof of rent must be provided as proof of the prospective shop’s legal possession.
- The shop for which an L10 license application has been lodged must be in the applicant’s actual physical possession, according to an affidavit.
- A licensee is required to provide a layout plan of his liquor store that amply demonstrates his ownership of the establishment.
- An income tax clearance certificate and a domicile certificate, which attests to the licensee’s residency in the state where he has filed his application for a liquor licence in Delhi, are required documents for applicants.
- After completing the necessary paperwork, the licensee must submit an 8 lakh DD in the deputy commissioner’s favour (excise).
- The authorities will verify the information and, if necessary, contact the applicant for any further information after the application has been submitted with all the necessary information.
- In accordance with the Delhi Excise Rules, 2010, an applicant must have confirmation that nothing is in opposition to the application.
- A notice with your name, the type of licence you have, and other information will be put at the location where your business is planned after the application has been submitted.
- The notification will be made available to the public for the designated amount of time, and if any community objects, it will be made known to the relevant department during that time.
- After the excise department’s requirements are completed, the Liquor License will be issued.
- Your ability to represent your company and products will improve from having a trademark registration. It is crucial that you register your company with the Trademark Act of 1999.
- The no-objection certificate (NOC) enables a licensee to legally open their authorised shop in a state designated by local authorities without raising any issues.
- For a licensee to be able to pay the liquor shop sales tax and get a VAT registration licence, they must first register with the Delhi VAT department.
Guidelines for Government’s Liquor License in Delhi Granting
The government of the NCT of Delhi states that an L10 Liquor licence will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis for the retail trade of both domestic and international alcoholic beverages in Delhi’s shopping malls. If the application is scrutinised and found to be false, incomplete, or in violation of the terms and conditions. The same will be refused, and the commissioner of excise’s decision is final. If an application is denied, the earnest money must be returned to the applicant by registered mail within 30 days of the rejection date. The application is verified by the appropriate authority, who has the ability to accept or reject it without providing a reason.
A licence holder must have a refrigerated facility in liquor license in Delhi to keep and sell 10% of the department store’s carpet space. for storing different liquor brands and types of beer properly. A health advisory board must be visible in front of the licenced business by the licensee. saying “Drinking is bad for your health.” Each employee of the licensee’s business is in possession of an ID card bearing the authorised signer’s signature. The staff must produce their ID cards at the excise officer’s or sub-request. inspector’s licensee is not required to run any type of advertising to support the brand or the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
Liquor License give guarantee to consumers receive safe and high-quality alcohol; certain rules have been enacted. Additionally, in order to limit the sale of alcohol in the area, it is to be only purchased from licensed liquor stores. Acquiring a Liquor License in Delhi is not everyone’s cup of tea because it cannot be obtained by anyone who does not pay income taxes. Any alcohol purchased from an army canteen is only intended for use by army personnel and not by civilians. If a person is moving from one state to another, he or she needs to be aware of the state’s legal drinking age. No one under the legal drinking age of 21 may purchase alcoholic beverages. More than just a beverage, liquor is often supplied at events, parties, and hotels. It is connected to a country’s intricate socio-legal environment. Alcohol is a hard topic for any state government to address because it is frequently linked to crimes and other violent behaviour. This is why Government of Delhi issues a Liquor Licence in order to manage and control the manufacturing, production, and sale of alcohol and other intoxicants. The minimum age varies from one state to another. Seek professional help to get Liquor License in Delhi. You can reach at Bizadvisors.io.
Read our article:How to Obtain a Wine Shop License in India: A Complete Guide