GST is an indirect tax that eliminates the effect of taxes cascading on top of one another. The documents must be supplied by the normal taxpayer after applying for the GST Registration in Kolkata. The amount of GST paid can be used as input credit and can be offset against the tax owed. The largest tax reform in the nation, which increased company’s efficiency while also broadening the revenue base, led to GST Registration in Kolkata. The implementation of the GST has benefited thousands of small businesses in Kolkata. Since the introduction of GST, Kolkata’s tax difficulties have been significantly simplified. A single tax system known as GST has gradually superseded a number of other tax systems. One important thing is that for taking GST for the goods and services which one provides it is necessary to have GST Registration in all over India but here we’ll talk in detail about the GST Registration in Kolkata.
What is GST Registration?
Replacing all indirect taxes, the Goods and Services Tax was introduced to provide a single umbrella to all the separate minimal taxes. This provided for the customer to overcome several taxes at the same time. The Goods and Services Taxes were imposed on good and service provider with a turnover of more than Rs 20 Lakhs. While enterprises with a total turnover of Rs 20 Lakhs were given the option to voluntary opt for the GST Registration, enterprises with a turnover of more than 40 Lakhs are supposed to mandatorily register themselves under the GST Registration facility. The GST Registration is the process that acknowledges the enterprises in order to provide benefits under the GST laws. The GST laws provide for certain facilities and concessions to the registered enterprises by acknowledging their GST Registration certificate.
Documents Required for GST Registration in Kolkata
The following documents must be provided in Kolkata in order to receive GST Registration in Kolkata-
- PAN Card of the business
- PAN Card of the business
- Along with the photos, the applicant must provide identification.
- proof of the applicant’s address
- The certificate of incorporation or the business registration paperwork
- proof of a business location
- The cancelled check or the bank account statement.
- The applicant’s digital signature certification
- For the authorized signatory, a letter of authority or a board resolution is required.
The steps for GST Registration in Kolkata are given below-
- Filling out the online application. For further information, visit the online GST Portal. You must set up a username and password in the gateway.
- Go to the GST site and select the ‘New User Login’ page to get started. You must then select “Continue” and click on the accept window on the presented declaration form to register yourself.
- Then select “New Registration.” The Login box will display once the declaration page has been accepted. You must first login before you can start the GST registration procedure in Kolkata.
- Click the drop-down menu and select “Taxpayer.”
- Select the proper district and state.
- Enter the name of the business.
- Enter the PAN for the company.
- Put your email address and phone number where they go. OTPs must be active because they will be sent to the active email address and mobile number provided on the portal.
- After entering the supplied Captcha on the screen, select “Proceed.”
- The OTP that was sent to your email address and mobile phone number must now be entered into the corresponding spaces.
- Click the “Proceed” button once you’ve finished entering all the necessary information.
- Go back to the GST portal and choose “Register” under “Taxpayers.”
- From the drop-down option, choose “Temporary Reference Number (TRN)”.
- Complete the captcha and TRN fields.
- Click “Proceed” once you’ve completed the Captcha information.
- Your registered mobile number and email address will receive another OTP. Then, press the “Proceed” button after entering the OTP.
- You can view the status of your application on the following page. Click the Edit icon on the page’s right side.
- There are ten locations on the next page where you must enter all pertinent data. The necessary documentation must also be provided. The following list of papers must be uploaded-
- The Applicant’s Photographs
- Information about the company and its main location
- Proof of business address
- The company’s HSN code
- GST Applicant’s Bank Account Information
- Form of authorization
- The taxpayer’s constitution.
- Visit the ‘Verification’ page to verify the declaration. The application must then be submitted by utilizing one of the methods stated below:
- Electronic Verification Code (EVC).
- Making use of the e-Sign method.
- The application must be submitted along with a Digital Signature Certificate if the firm is registered for GST (DSC).
- Once the procedure is finished, a successful completion message will show up on the screen. The Application Reference Number will be sent to the GST Applicant’s registered email address and mobile number (ARN). And now you can look up the ARN’s status on the GST portal.
Who is required to get GST Registration in Kolkata?
- Businesses with annual revenue greater than Rs. 20 lakh (Rs 10 Lakh for North Eastern States)
- If a company conducts business in multiple states
- If your company has previously been registered with the VAT, excise, or service tax laws
- Online sales of products or services (like selling on Amazon and Flipkart)
- If you are selling products and services outside of India.
More than just obtaining a number, GST Registration in Kolkata helps the government keep track of firms and timely collect taxes from all of them. Every company should apply for a GST Registration in Kolkata since it will give many advantages in various ways. The process to get GST Registration in Kolkata is online but not that easy hence expert advice is suggested. You can also take help from BizAdvisors.
Read our article:How to Obtain GST Registration in Delhi: A Step By Step Guide