FSSAI License Renewal in India
Whenever an individual is in the food business in India, the terms FSSAI License and FSSAI License Renewal are well known to him/her. The FSSAI License in India is mandatory to start any food business. Each Food Business Operator (FBO) is required to obtain an FSSAI license in India. The renewal of the FSSAI License is just as essential as obtaining an FSSAI License in India. The Food Business Operator or FBO shall renew the FSSAI License within the period of validity. In the article, we will discuss the step-by-step procedure followed for the restoration of the FSSAI License in India.
In India, FSSAI stands for the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI is an organization that monitors and governs the food businesses in India. The FSSAI undergoes certain quality checks of the foods products and ensures a lowering in food adulteration and sale of sub-standard goods in the market. The FSSAI in India regulates and administers the running of food businesses in the territory and is responsible for the licensing and registration of Food Business Operators or FBOs in India.
What is an FSSAI License in India?
FSSAI issues a 14-digit license number to food business operators or FBOs that comply with the FSS Act. Food business operators or FBOs are required to print the FSSAI license number on their food products along with their FSSAI logo on all products manufactured. The FSSAI license number is required by the FBOsprior to start their business. It is not only necessary to achieve an FSSAI License, however the FSSAI License Renewal in India is also required from time to time to obtain an FSSAI License.
The validity of the FSSAI License in India is from 1 to 5 years as chosen by the Food Business Operators or FBOs. The cost of the FSSAI License increases with an increase in the number of years the FSSAI License in India is applied for.
The Process of Food License Renewal in India
The procedure of FSSAI License Renewal in India can be done in two ways:
The online procedure for FSSAI License Renewal in India is as follows:
- Visit the Food Licensing Authority portal.
- Log in using the Username and Password provided.
- Apply for FSSAI License Renewal by clicking on the relevant links.
- Next, a warning message will appear on the screen stating, "Are you sure that you want to continue for the FSSAI License Renewal". The applicant should click on the 'OK' button.
- Then the applicant is required to upload all the necessary documents as asked by the portal.
- The application is to be submitted after reviewing and submitting all the necessary documents.
- After the submission of the application, a reference number will be provided for tracking the status of the application to the applicant for FSSAI License Renewal.
The offline procedure of FSSAI License Renewal in India is as follows:
- Fill the Form
Form A for Basic Registration or Form B for Central or State Registration is the initial step for the renewal of the FSSAI License in India. These two forms consist of the business activities of the FBOs, which are required to be filled with all necessary self-tested declarations as set out in the Food Safety and Standard or FSS Act. Photo ID proofs such as Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Voter ID must also be attached.
- Verification of Application
Forward to approval of the request, the food authorities will examine the filed application. The authorities are also authorized to arrange for an inspection of the premises of the applicant in order to check that FBO has disclosed all the necessary information and information that is submitted is correct. A proper report shall be drawn up by the inspection authorities.
The authorities if are completely satisfied, after the successful inspection of the premises of FBO, can issue the FSSAI License in favor of the FBO.
- Getting License
The required authorities must issue the FSSAI License within a time period of 60 days. In a case no response is received by the authorities within the time period of 60 days, then the FBOsare authorized to run the business without wasting any time. The FBOs need not be waiting for any further communication or reply from the authorities.
C of Non-Renewal of FSSAI License
In order to avoid any kind of fine, the FSSAI License Renewal in India should be carried out in accordance with the FSSAI guidelines. The renewal of the FSSAI license in India is required before the license expires. It is better for the FSSAI License Renewal in India to be applied for by the FBOs when they receive official notification of renewal.
In India, if the renewal of the FSSAI License does not take place within the specified time, a sum of 100 Rupees per day will be charged. The application is not filed for the renewal of the FSSAI License within the specified time period, after which it will be inspected as expired, and a new FSSAI License is required to be applied by the Food Business Operators.
FSSAI License of the FBOs will continue to be in force, during the time orders for the FSSAI License Renewal in India is passed in the favor of the FBOs. Such an ordershould not be beyond the time period of 30 days from the date of expiration of the License of FSSAI in India.
What are the important Documents required for FSSAI License Renewal in India?
All the important documents required for filing the application for the FSSAI License Renewal in India are as follows:
For Basic Registration
- Applicant’s latest Passport-sized Photograph;
- Identity Proof likeDriving License, Aadhar Card, or Voter ID;
- PAN Card of the Applicant;
- Address Proof like Gas Bill, Electricity Bill, or Phone Bill;
- A Copy of the papers of Property (if the property is owned);
- A Copy of the Rent Agreement;
- No Objection Certificate Letter from the Landlord (if the property is rented).
For Central or State Registration
- Applicant’s latest Passport-sized photograph;
- Identity Proof like Driving License, Aadhar Card, or Voter ID;
- PAN Card of the applicant;
- Address Proof like Gas Bill, Electricity Bill, or Phone Bill;
- A Copy of the Papers of Property (if the property is owned);
- A Copy of the Rent Agreement;
- No Objection Certificate Letter from the Landlord (if the property is rented);
- A list of Proprietor/Directors/ Partners/ Executive Members of Society with their Addresses and the Contact Details;
- The Layout Plan of the Food Processing Unit;
- List of the different Food Category (In case of Manufacturers);
- No Objection Certificate from the Municipal Body or Local Body;
- A copy of the Partnership Deed;
- A copy of the MoA and AoA of the Firm;
- A cancelled Cheque.
- An E-Code Document issued by the DGFT or Directorate General of Foreign Trade(applicable in case of Central FSSAI License);
- A Nomination of the Persons by a Company along with the passed Board Resolution in Form IX;
- A Proof of the turnover of the firm (applicable in the case of Central FSSAI License);
- A Certificate from the Ministry of Commerce for EOU 100% (applicable in case of Central FSSAI License)
- An analysis Report of the water from a recognized by the manufacturer (applicable in the case of Central FSSAI License);
For Manufacturing and Processing Units
- The Layout Plan of the premises of the unit showing the dimensions and operation wise area of the unit;
- A List of Name and Equipment and Machinery along with the number of them, horsepower used by the machinery and installed capacity of each machinery;
- The total list of all the food categories desired to be manufactured by the unit;
- An Analysis of the report of the water used in the food from a recognized public health laboratory;
- Letter of Authority with the address and name of the responsible person nominated by the manufacturer.
Benefits of Food Safety License in India
The primary benefits of the FSSAI License in India are as follows:
- Consciousness of consumers
Nowadays, consumers are more keen and more encouraged to market healthy or fit foods. Consumers are also aware of the good and bad qualities of food. The FSSAI License in India makes consumers more aware that the food they consume is safe and healthy for them to eat.
- Legal benefit
FSSAI has established certain rules and regulations for FBO or Food Business Operators in India. In the eyes of the law, these prescribed rules and regulations are completely legal. FSSAI Registration is now a legal procedure to ensure that food is used or eaten by people that is fit for consumption.
- Public acceptance
The common public will accept food from a trader's business as a certificate issued by FSSAI makes the consumer think that food is healthy and fit to eat. The FSSAI also ensures that the consumer believes that the government has also approved the food of the trader's business.
- The quality check
The inspection carried out by the FSSAI authorities for the food of your business shall provide a quality check for the food of FBO. Consumers will gain confidence when they see that a particular brand is registered under the FSSAI, thus making them think that the food product is of pure quality.
• Expanding the business
The FSSAI license in India makes it easier for FBOs to obtain bank loans for business expansion. With the help of the FSSAI License in India, Food Business Operators can build a good reputation among traders on the market and expand their business.
• FSSAI logo
The FSSAI logo is the validity and assurance of good food quality to consumers. The FSSAI logo adds the advantages that food is safe and safe for people to eat.
Why Choose Us
Free Legal Advice
On Time Delivery
Money Back Guarantee
200+ CA/CS Assisted
Frequently Asked Questions
First, the applicant must visit http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in in any browser. Then, in the next step, click the "Apply for Renewal for License/Registration" option. After that, a list will appear on the screen; the applicant must select the link and click on the "Proceed" option. Then upload all the necessary forms and documents as per the online portal requirements.
Obtaining a License of FSSAI is mandatory before starting any food business operation or FBO in India. All the restaurants, traders, manufacturers, who are involved in the food business are required to obtain a 14-digit license number which is to be printed on their food products.