Overview of Eating House License
Eating House License is a mandatory requirement for any business whose work is serving food and drinks to the general public. As per Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006, FSSAI License is mandatory for every food business owner. Simultaneously there are various other licenses like Business Registration, Fire NOC, Music License, Liquor License, Health Trade License, etc, which are a must for any food and drink business in India. Eating Food License is also one of them. In this write-up, Eating House License will be discussed in detail. All these licenses are there so that adulteration of food and drinks will be controlled. Mostly all such licenses are governed by government authorities. An eating House License can be obtained by making an application to the State Police Headquarters or the commissioner of any city.
What is Eating House?
Before talking about an Eating house Food License, one must know about Eating Houses. Eating Houses are those places where food and drinks are served to the general public for consumption. For example restaurants, bars, food shops, lounges where food and drinks are served, dhabas, etc. The purpose of this license is to protect the general public from adulterated food.
Procedure to get Eating House License
Shortly this procedure of getting an Eating Food License involves only five steps which are given below-
- Filling the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Verification of the documents.
- Regular follow-ups are required.
- After all the formalities license will be issued.
Detailed procedure is given below-
- Applicant must register on the state police website that provides Eating House License.
- After registration you will get the User ID and password.
- With the help of User ID and Password login to the website.
- Applicant has to fill up the form and needs upload all the requisite documents on the website.
- After the fourth step applicant have to visit the authorities for the verification of the application and the examination of the documents of the applicant.
- After all the above processes applicant needs to give follow-ups to the concerned authority.
- If the application is rejected on the basis of any mala-fide information then your fees will not be given back.
- If the documents are all correct and the application is filed properly, then within 45-60 days applicant will get the State Food License.
There are various types of documents required for the Eating House License. The detailed list of all the required documents is given below-
Documents related to site-
- Location of the eating house and its photographs.
- Fire safety certification.
- The proof of surveillance system or CCTV.
- Lease Agreement, Sale Deed or Rent Agreement.
- A NOC from the owner of the premises.
- Permission from the Indian Performing Right Society for DJ, live music, etc.
Documents related to the applicant-
- Identity Proof such as PAN Card, Voter Card, etc.
- Proof of residence such as Passport, Bank Account, etc.
- Memorandum of Association of Eating House.
- Company’s incorporation certificate.
Documents related to director and employee-
- List of the names of all the directors with Form-32.
- Identity Proof of all the directors.
- For the operation of the business Resolution of the Board is required.
- List of the names of all the employees who are working in the Eating House.
- Identity Proof of all the employees who are working in the Eating House.
- Labor Departments' certificate of registration is required.
Other related documents-
- Trade License
- FSSAI License
- GST Registration Certificate
- Provisional License, which works as a consent letter.
- A Police Clearance Certificate, which is also known as PCC.
- Self attested certificate for the Eating House License.
Renewal of the License
The heading is clearly indicating that Eating House License is not a one-time License. From time to time licensee has to renew it. Its validity is different for different states. We can say that it depends on state to state. Mostly it is for three years but it is not fixed. After the expiry of the validity period, Eating House License needs to renew. The process of the renewal is the same as applying for the new license.
Cancellation of the License
The right of cancellation is reserved with the authority which issues the license. There are certain conditions when the license can be canceled. Those conditions are given below-
- License can be canceled if the guidelines provided by the issuer will not be followed.
- License can be canceled if anything has been done against the instructions of the authority that has provided the license.
- License can be canceled if the licensee wants to discontinue the business and surrender the license.
If in any circumstances, your Eating House License gets damaged, deteriorate, stolen, or anything due to which you lost your license, there is no need to worry. Because in such a situation you can apply for a duplicate license with the same authority. Although getting a duplicate license is not an easy task. A proper inquiry is done by the authority before issuing the Duplicate License. If they get satisfied that you really need Duplicate License only then they will issue the Duplicate License.
Is Eating House License is reasonable?
Whichever license one wants to take there is an amount that needs to pay. The same goes for the Eating House License. It also required a certain amount of money for its issuance. But the amount is not fixed, because it is a State License. Every state has fixed its own amount, for instance, Delhi has a fixed amount of RS. 300. Hence it can be concluded that the amount for registration of Eating House License depends on the state from state. And it is reasonable and affordable.
Benefits of the Eating Food License
- Provides protection to the food and the drinks served to the public.
- Make the food market less risky.
- Adulteration of Food and Drinks will be controlled.
- It is one of the compliance of the Food business, after this you will be secure and freely sell the food.
- It built customer trust.
- It will improve your goodwill.
- It saves you from penalties and fines.
- It is good for the health of the customers.
Eating Food License is one of the many licenses which are mandatory for food business owners. The main objective of this license is to protect the food from adulteration and save the public from the consumption of adulterated food. It is a very good step from the government side to protect the food market in India. It is beneficial for the business holder as well as the government. The indirect beneficiary is the general public because ultimately this license will provide safety to the food and drinks that are consumed by the public at large.
Free Legal Advice
On Time Delivery
Money Back Guarantee
200+ CA/CS Assisted
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, if you serve food and drinks to the public at large you need the above license mandatorily.
Every food business where any type of food or any type of drink has been served requires this license.