Overview Of Delhi Pollution Control Committee
Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) is an autonomous organization which is established in 1991. It was delegated all its functions under section 4(4) of the Water Act and section 6 of the Air Act. It is inspected and governed by the Ministry of Environment and Forest and Climate Change. Its main purpose is to protect the environment from pollution and make the environment clean. DPCC is specially made to control the pollution of the NCR. It is headed by its chairman and also has various members, who help in running the institution work smoothly. Mainly it has a chairman, member secretary, representatives of various governments, experts in the field of environment, and NGOs. It is a very positive step taken by the government to control pollution.
What are the main functions of the Delhi Pollution Control Committee?
Delhi Pollution Control Committee has many functions few of them are discussed here. It provides a DPCC License, which limits the emission of pollution and checks the activities of the various existing businesses. It provides a No Objection Certificate to the various businesses in the market which show that the business is not causing harm to the environment and also by this business nature has no hazards in the near future as well. It also regulates the implementation of various laws made by parliament regarding environmental pollution control in the NCT of Delhi. Its main function is to check the various businesses in the market NCT and make it clean and pollution-free.
Types of industries as per DPCC-
Delhi Pollution Control Committee has categorized the industries into four parts which will be discussed below. This categorization is based on the pollution potential of the industries. They are of four types that are white category, red category, green category, and orange category. The red category is further divided into two more parts that are H (a) and H (b) category. Given below is the detail of the above-mentioned categories of the industries-
1. White Category-
This concept of the White Category was introduced by the government in the year 2016. It basically segregated the least polluting industries out of the various industries. Such kinds of industries do not require any consent certificate from DPCC as they are non-polluting in nature. But it does not mean that they will not follow the DPCC rules and regulations. Such industries' pollution index is 0-20 only. The white category is considered the least polluted industry.
2. Green Category-
Green Category industries have more pollution index in comparison with White Category industries. Its pollution index is 21-40. While establishing and working in such industries needs a consent certificate from DPCC, as they are polluting in nature.
3. Orange Category-
Their pollution index is even higher than the Green Category of industries which is 41-59. They cannot work without the consent certificate of the Delhi Pollution Control Committee Certificate. Before establishing and operating the industry one have to take consent from the DPCC.
4. Red Category-
This category of industries that is the Red Category has the most polluting industries. Such kinds of industries are not allowed to work in environmentally dedicated areas. Industries that are noxious and hazardous in nature will come under this category of the industries. Red Category industries are not allowed to work in the Delhi jurisdiction as per the Delhi Pollution Control Committee rules and regulations. Their pollution index is above 60 and they are very harmful to the environment. They are of two kinds are H (a) and H (b).
General Documents required for the consent of DPCC-
As discussed above industries are divided into four categories as per Delhi Pollution Control Committee. For every category, there are certain specific documents that are required while taking the DPCC consent certificate. But here we are discussing the general documents which are mandatory for all the categories. The list of all the general documents is given below-
- PAN Card and Aadhaar Card with the registered mobile number of the applicant.
- CA certificate
- The latest electricity bill of the applicant.
- Location or Site Plan of the business entity.
- Documents of the land which are indicating the details of the property such as rent deed, lease deed, etc.
- If you have a partnership firm then a partnership deed and if you have a company then, a memorandum of an article of association.
- Resolution of the board of directors of the association.
- Proprietorship certificate of the owner.
- Water connection certificate is also required.
- MCD License only in the case of restaurants.
- Consent from the State Pollution Control Board for the purchaser to do the import.
- In the case of clinics and hospitals Bio-Medical Waste Agreement and Delhi Medical Council Certificate are mandatory.
Who needs Delhi Pollution Control Committee Consent Certificate?
Following is the list of the industries that mandatorily require a DPCC consent certificate to run without any difficulty-
- Business owners who want to do a trade of any goods and services.
- Industries that are doing the manufacturing work.
- Entities whose work is about the management of solid waste.
- Every health care management needs a DPCC consent certificate. Under this hospital, clinics, genetic laboratories, genetic clinics, etc will come.
- E-waste management entities will fall under the category that must have to take DPCC consent certificate.
- Battery waste and plastic waste management industries are also emitters of a great amount of pollution; hence they also need the consent certificate of the DPCC.
- Bio-medical waste management businesses strictly need this certificate from DPCC.
The procedure to get Delhi Pollution Control Committee is not at all easy to understand. It is a little bit complicated and not at all a piece of cake. But here with the help of the points given below, we will try to make it easy for you-
- All the industries that want the DPCC Consent Certificate first have to verify their business activities very carefully.
- If the site is situated in the re-development region then an SDM letter or industry assessment letter is needed.
- After the above two steps now the applicant has to submit the documents online to the DPCC govt. portal.
- Now if you come under White Category industries then you have to generate the DPCC undertaking.
- If you are an industry that comes under the Orange or Green Category then you have to generate a DPCC CTE application.
- After the completion of the immediately above two steps, you need to submit the hard copy of the CTE application or DPCC undertaking with the signature.
- After all the above steps, lastly the industry needs to check whether it requires a pollution control device or not, if the answer is positive then it needs to equip the same. Delhi Pollution Control Committee lab will monitor the same pollution control device.
- Finally the CTO application will be generated and also needs to submit to the DPCC along with the signature.
- Once all the verification and formalities are done you will get the certificate.
Benefits of Delhi Pollution Control Committee Consent-
DPCC its name itself suggests that it is basically for the control of pollution and making the environment clean and safe for the biotic organism. It’s benefits has been discussed below with the help of the following points-
1. Promotion of sustainable development-
Sustainable development means growth without harm to the environment. DPCC also promotes the same principle. It promotes financial growth along with ecological and social growth.
2. Protects Natural Resources-
Delhi Pollution Control Committee promotes a clean and safe environment and controls pollution. Due to this our natural resources got protection from harmful pollution and they got safety from depletion. That is how DPCC protects natural resources from depletion.
3. Spread awareness-
Delhi Pollution Control Committee not only saves the environment but also aware consumers of what to use, what not to use, and how to use the things so that they will not cause pollution. It basically promotes the use of paper bags, CFL, public transport, not burning firecrackers, etc.
4. Waste Management-
Delhi Pollution Control Board promotes recycling and reusing things. Both of them will help in waste management. Waste management is necessary because it spreads pollution and makes the environment unsafe and harmful to living creatures.
5. Low Energy promotion-
DPCC promotes the use of low-energy types of equipment so that less harm will be caused and the environment will be safe. Instances of low energy sources are solar energy, CFL, CNG, etc.
The time limit of CTE/CTW/CTO –
Consent To Establish which is known as CTE is given for 1 year. In this 1-year industry, owners have to build their units in the Delhi NCR. The next term is CTW which means Consent To Work. It has been given for 5 years. It is for the orange category industries. The last one is CTO, whose full form is Consent To Operate. It has been provided for the green category industries for a period of 10 years.
BizAdvisors is one of the many platforms which coordinate to fulfill all your legal requirements. It is a legal service platform that is running on cloud-based technology. It connects you with a team of expert professionals who can help you in every possible way. Its focus is on simplifying the legal requirements for the client. If you have any questions regarding DPCC Certification we are just one phone call away. We have a very dedicated team that is ready to help you and guide you. Our mission is to create a hustle-free and easy-to-use system for the concerned consumers of our services. We give you reliability and trust. We make sure that we will provide you with the best services and can satisfy you with our quality work.
Delhi Pollution Control Board is the regulatory body of the NCR. It keeps eyes on the emission of pollution from different industries and controls it. The Central Pollution Control Board has willfully surrendered its responsibilities and functions to the Delhi Pollution Control Committee. Now DPCC has complete monopoly on the control of pollution in the NCR. It not only controls pollution but also creates awareness about a pollution-free environment among the people. Its main purpose is to make the environment clean and pollution-free for which it also had started “Master Plan Delhi 2021”. MPD had laid down various guidelines for the establishment of the health care centers and industries so that they will not cause pollution. DPCC Certification helps in keeping eye on the activities of the various industries and promotes a pollution-free environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) is an autonomous organization, which works in the NCT of Delhi. It looks after the industries and their work and makes sure they are not causing pollution to the environment more than they are prescribed. We can say that it is a pollution control body in the NCT of Delhi.
DPCC Consent Certificate has been given to the different types of industries so that they cannot cause more harm than they are prescribed. Through this certificate, DPCC keeps eye on the various activities of the industries. If any industry causes more harm than it is allowed DPCC will take action against it.
By following the steps given below one can get a DPCC certificate in Delhi-
- Verification of business activities
- SDM or industry assessment letter
- Upload the documents online
- Generation of either DPCC undertaking or CTE application
- Submit the hard copy of the DPCC undertaking or CTE application
- Pollution Control Device
- Generation of CTO application
- After valid verification, DPCC Consent Certificate will be granted.
There are four types of industries as per DPCC. They are-
- Green Category Industry
- Red Category Industry
- Orange Category Industry
- White Category Industry
DPCC will be regulated by the Ministry of Environment and Forest and Climate Change.